In our part of Suffolk the transmission rate of Corona virus infection is minimal. Nevertheless, we are taking it very seriously. We understand that the health, safety and well-being of our guests and staff are paramount whilst co-existing with COVID-19 in the new world.
We have a duty of care to all and we have developed new ways of working based on advice and guidance provided by the government, industry bodies and safety consultants.
(Please read to help us keep YOU & US – Safe, Informed, Clear)
* A full COVID Risk assessment has been carried out & will be reviewed regularly
* All employees have full COVID Safe health & safety training
* All employees retrained in the correct frequency & method for effective hand washing
* Enhanced cleaning regimes implemented, using chemicals effective against viruses
* Wellness checks done daily for all staff, including temperature taking
* Reviewed layout to ensure sufficient space between tables to allow social distancing (1meter, currently)
* Hand sanitizer stations installed
* Increased ventilation of inside areas by keeping doors open where possible
* All menus & napkins are single use, along with disposable condiments
* Our menu range & opening hours reduced & simplified to allow us to operate with fewer covers & fewer staff
* Laying up tables in advance, to include the menus, so as little changes hands as possible
* High & friendly level of service maintained, but tables visited less often
* Wine/water bottles placed on the table for you to help yourselves
* Please refrain from handing over any smallware, plates, glasses to avoid any unnecessary contact with waiter
* We ask you not to smoke directly outside of restaurant, (please keep minimum 2meters away from the front door) if you must
* Please remain at your table wherever possible
* Do not mix with tables outside of your reservation at any point
* Forbidding anything that could be contaminated in the restaurant: (no pushchairs, luggage, umbrellas…)
(do not bring your wine, Birthday cake, candles, presents, table decorations)
* For the time being we have a no baby/toddler policy, kids that can stay seated for the duration are welcome
*Please refer to our COVID-19 page before visiting, to understand & respect our new ways of operating
* We respectfully ask our guests to not visit our restaurant if suffering/displaying any COVID symptoms
(*fever * persistent cough *loss of sense/smell *loss of taste *sore throat)
* Please do not visit if you have been in contact with anyone in the last 2weeks who has displayed these symptoms or has been diagnosed with COVID-19
* Please make a booking to avoid disappointment (our covers are extremely limited at the moment)
* Please adhere to social distancing guidelines & respect the measures that we have put in place
* All GUESTS MUST WEAR FACE COVERINGS – to arrive, leave and any time when not seated at your designated table
* ONCE SEATED, please put face masks AWAY & DO NOT leave them on tables or chairs
* On arrival please sanitise your hands & wait to be seated
* Please follow good hand hygiene, avoid touching your face, cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve
* Maximum table size permitted is 6 people (1 household/bubble only / no mixed groups)
*Asking you to ensure your table companions fall within groupings socially permitted
*We cannot guarantee any table requests at the moment
*Please arrive at exact time of your booking, call us if you are running late
(we are staggering bookings to make your arrival safe & smooth)
*Credit card payment is preferred
*No smoking directly outside the restaurant at any time
*Please call us if you need to cancel your booking!
(we are working hard to keep our restaurant valid to be open at half capacity!)
No shows or last minute cancellations are devastating!
*Finally please note that any guest displaying symptoms of COVID-19,
or not adhering to the measures implemented will be politely asked to leave
We are adhering to the GOVERNMENTS order to close by 11pm (this is in effect from 02/12/2020)
Thank you for taking time to read this.
We can’t wait to welcome you at Pea Porridge.
Please be kind and respect our policy, we are doing everything to
MEET THE GOVERNMENTS GUIDELINES
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE & MINDFUL OF OUR CURRENT SITUATION,
THIS WILL HELP US MAKE YOUR VISIT SAFE, ENJOYABLE & STRESS-FREE
THIS IS A CHALLENGING TIME FOR US ALL!
Feel free to contact us on 01284 700 200 if you have any questions